Sunday, April 19, 2020

Tiktok


(Part of an ongoing account started on March 13, 2020 of how the spread of COVID-19 in our country and our government’s response has affected our lives.)

Oh my goodness. I can barely breathe.

The company that my husband works for asks its employees, who are working from home, to do stuff that is supposed to help break the monotony of home quarantine and keep depression at bay.

At first, they are asked to post a picture of something creative, which earns a few laughs here and there and much ribbing. As intended, the stuff submitted provides a lot of comic relief.

After that, they are asked to sing a certain song and submit a video of them doing it, which is later edited into a compilation of all of them doing the song.

DJ Loonyo (YouTube)
This week, they are asked to film themselves doing the Frontliners Dance Challenge as popularized by DJ Loonyo, a dancer/ choreographer over TikTok. The short video is set to the music “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten.

Not only is hubby nearing retirement age, he has two left feet and no sense of rhythm. He has heard of TikTok but has not downloaded the app. Nonetheless, he checks out the link his office gives him then turns to me for help. I have to take a video of him doing the dance challenge.

Of course, I oblige. What are wives for?

He studies the moves. Tries them out. Studies the moves. Tries ever so hard. I can’t help it. I study the moves. I dance with him. I feel like crying. I actually cry, from laughing so hard. So does he.

I can barely contain my laughter and keep the camera still while recording him. Again. Again, and yet again. It does not seem like we are getting anywhere with this, but we persist. We are having too much of a good time.

Whoever it is in their company who thought of this is on to something. It's certainly taken our mind off COVID-19, even for just a few hours.

DoH update: As of 4 p.m. of April 19, 2020, the Philippines has reported 6,259 confirmed corona virus cases, including 572 recoveries and 409 deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers