Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Concerned about our daughter's illness, my husband and I really didn't make much of Valentine's Day. In fact, I was ready to ignore the whole thing if not for getting reminded of it every time I opened the paper (and it was practically in all of the sections in one form or another) or the TV or the radio. On our way to my mother-in-law's house, it was also on the billboards on the streets. And it didn't help that my cell phone kept registering text messages on Happy Valentine's Day.

I really don't have anything against Valentine's Day. It's especially thrilling for lovers, and I do appreciate the effort my hubby made. We were supposed to take in dinner on Feb. 13 and then a movie. But when we saw how late the movie would end, we just had dinner because we still wanted to catch our daughter awake. After all -- loving is what Valentine's Day is all about and our daughter is certainly part of all the loving.

On V-Day itself, we had her checked by her former pediatrician, whom we would have wanted to retain if not for the fact that her clinic is all the way in Antipolo City and we now live in the Makati area. She advised that we continue with our daughter's antibiotic and to keep monitoring her. If the fever persists, we go back to her Makati pedia on Monday. Meanwhile, it would already be good to have her subjected to a CBC platelet count.

To draw blood on Valentine's Day? Unless you're a vampire, it makes for depressing. Very depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers