Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No Kissing

I saw this 'no kissing' sign while surfing the Net and of course, it got my attention. It looked ridiculous and reading the literature further confirmed my opinion.

It seems the sign was put up at the Warrington Bank Quay railway station in England by Virgin Rail, which manages the station. Yeah, a virgin put up the no kissing sign. It follows.

What virgin was trying to do was to reduce train delays. It seems that when saying their goodbyes at the drop-off point, drivers and their passengers blocked access to the station. Well, good luck. I don't know any British national well so I do not know if they really deserve their image of being cold-blooded humans but if they put up any more signs like these, then I suppose there is some truth to the "stiff upper lip".

I do know that if they try it in the Philippines, someone will just take the sign home as a joke. That, or have their picture taken with it. That's how ridiculous it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers