Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Letting Go



When my husband's promotion entailed re-assignment to Batangas City, relocation was not really in the picture.  I had a good job in Makati City, my daughter was in a good school and Batangas seemed nearer than it was.


But after a month of traveling to and from Batangas, and going home to an empty house at the end of a work-filled day, hubby’s increasing dissatisfaction quickly turned our thoughts to the possibility.  Plus the fact that we missed him a lot.

We were also not nearer to the schedule we thought he’d have.  There were weekends when he’d forego going home to attend an activity in Batangas.  In those instances, we’d sometimes be the one to visit him.

All it did was make us question our priorities.  If family was next to God, what were we doing living separately and seeing each other on weekends?  What was the point of working so hard?

When we worked on the Math and confirmed that we could live on his income, we moved.  I didn’t question the fact that I would have to resign even if I did have some misgivings about it.  I was 100 percent convinced that the move would be better for us as a family.

It’s been over a month since we moved and one of the instant benefits was my daughter making friends with neighbors and getting hours of play each day, something an only child finds hard to experience in an urban place.  Plus, we were able to enroll her in a good school.

As for me, I miss the work but not the pressure.  Never one to sit around, I fill my days with stuff domestic and otherwise.  It’s been two months since I resigned from work and this is the first time I’ve had time to sit down and blog.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers