Saturday, July 4, 2009

Favorite Food

We just came from yet another Chinese eating place.

My daughter loves wanton noodle soup. Her favorite eating places are North Park and Luk Yuen, although she will settle for Chowking if need be. At home, we try not to give her the instant noodles, but occasionally give in with the Knorr Chicken Noodle soup, which has to be cooked, rather than submerged in hot water.



Anyway, we ate at Mongkok a while ago and I couldn't help but wonder when this wanton noodle soup phase would end. I usually go along with her request because when I am asked what I want to eat -- I don't have a ready answer.

So, do I even have any favorite foods? Unlike my daughter who will look for wanton noodle soup in ANY eating place that will offer it, I will not look for, say, lechon in Manila. Not that I can honestly say that lechon is a favorite even if it is very delicious.

I guess I do not have a list of favorite foods. What I have is a list of dishes that I will look for in certain areas or eating places, not necessarily ranked in this order:

  • roasted chicken in S&R Makati
  • chicharon bulaklak in Laguna Garden Cafe
  • chicken skin and the chicken at Sunburst
  • Yellow Cab pizza
  • kinapusan and shrimps at home in Cebu
  • garlic bread with coffee at Mom and Tina's
  • Carcar lechon, although CNT is good enough
  • casajos (I think Mommy gets this in Carcar)
  • buwad danggit in Taboan
  • native corn (NO japanese corn for me, please)
  • moron (I think this is in Tagbilaran, Bohol)
  • beef or pork tapa - Sampaguita brand
  • Rowena's pineapple pie in Tagaytay City
  • Hot raisin bread and coffee in Bag of Beans in Tagaytay City
  • barbecue and puso at Larsian
  • raisin bonnet bread at French Baker's
  • Sausage at Mickey's or at the Merville clubhouse
  • saging pinaypay or turon
  • Anita's cinammon bread
  • Sisig at Dencio's or Gerry's grill
  • bangus from Pixie's in Manila or AA's in Cebu
The list goes on and on and I must say, looking at it, that my choices are not very healthy. And some of them are comfort food -- associated with home and Cebu. And you will notice coffee and bread being mentioned.

My husband once described me as "matipid" when, in the early stages of courtship, he repeatedly got rebuffed on invitations to lunch or to dinner, only to be surprised by a yes on coffee.

Yeeha.



1 comment:

  1. I noticed wala kaayo dessert. I am inspired, I think I will make my own list, he he.

    ReplyDelete

Followers